St Cuthbert's enjoys warm fellowship with these other local communities
Wilson's Endowed Primary School
Wilson’s Endowed CE School Over Kellet
is a Voluntary Aided Church of England School in the village of Over Kellet. The school was founded over three hundred years ago and it has been an important part of the village community ever since. It offers primary education to children aged 4 to 11.
The school works closely with St Cuthbert’s in the teaching of Christian values in order to nurture all aspects of the pupils' development, academic, spiritual, social and moral. There are regular opportunities to welcome school staff and pupils into the church building for services and other special events. The latest Statutory Inspection of Anglican and Methodist Schools (SIAMS) graded the school as excellent in every area.
Further information about Wilson’s Endowed can be found at the link below.
Capernwray Hall is a 19th century mansion set in 175 acres of parkland within the Parish of Over Kellet.
It was purchased in 1946 for use as a Christian holiday and conference centre and was first used as a Bible School in 1949, to meet the demand for good Bible teaching for the many new converts from the holidays and conferences. Since then, more and more people have taken advantage of the holidays and Bible teaching offered.
Each winter the Hall is home to up to 180 students, from sometimes as many as 20 different nations. During the summer months more than 1,500 guests from all walks of life will come through Capernwray’s doors. The Bible School engages in the local community and churches with evangelistic events led by students and staff, and hosts an annual Christmas concert and Open Day which are very well supported by local residents.
Each term St Cuthbert’s welcomes three or four Capernwray Students who are on placement in the church as part of their course, who serve in appropriate ways in the church’s life and ministry.
Further information about Capernwray Hall is available at this link.